How to Choose a Pure, Safe Zeolite Powder
For the safety of your health, the most important thing to consider when choosing a zeolite powder is its purity and stability. You can tell about both of these by looking at the mineral composition and age of a zeolite but you can’t tell by reading marketing material. Always ask your zeolite supplier for a technical data sheet which shows its mineral make up.
- Australian Organic Certified Zeolite is very pure as it is 100% zeolite, comprised of 85% clinoptilolite and 15% mordenite which are both recognised as safe, stable, therapeutic zeolites. It also contains traces of quartz, feldspar and montmorillonite within the mordenite.
- Other zeolites are not as pure and may contain only about 65% – 75% zeolite material including heulandite and stilbite which are not stable. The remaining mineral material is usually a combination of clays, feldspar and quartz.
- Australian Organic Certified Zeolite does not need “cleaning” or “sanitizing” to make it pure as any dissolved salts which were present have been removed naturally by time. Australian zeolite has had plenty of time as it is 300 million years old compared to zeolites from other countries which are only about 65 to 100 million years old.(4) If a supplier states that their “pure” zeolite needs cleaning it is most probably a young zeolite.
- It is not necessary to remove heavy metals from zeolite to ensure purity as any heavy metals the zeolite may contain are permanently bonded and cannot be released into the body. The only way to remove heavy metals from zeolite is to destroy its structure, making it no longer a zeolite.
- It is also not necessary to remove heavy metals from zeolite to make enough room for further uptake of toxic matter. To say otherwise is false marketing.
- Clinoptilolite has a very high degree of stability(1) and so does mordenite(2) making Australian Organic Certified Zeolite a very stable zeolite.
- Heulandite and stilbite are unstable (1, 3) and so are many others, another reason to study the mineral make up of a zeolite before deciding to take it.
- Age is a factor in stability. Australian Organic Certified Zeolite is mined from what is thought to be one of the oldest commercial deposits in the world.
Zeo Natural’s Australian Organic Certified Zeolite is Australia’s most popular zeolite powder. We’re proud to share our technical details with you.
- Critical Review on Zeolite Clinoptilolite Safety and Medical Applications in vivo, Sandra Kraljevic Pavelic et al, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes for Health, November 2018
- Thermal decomposition of natural mordenite, F. Pechar and D. Rykl, Institute of Geology and Geotechnics, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague, 22 April 1986
- Thermal decomposition of the natural zeolite stilbite, D.Rykl and F.Pechar, Science Direct, November 1985
- Clinoptilolite of Possible Economic Value in Sedimentary Deposits of the Conterminous United States, Richard A. Sheppard, 1971
Hi Annette I don’t recommend the drops at all. The scientific studies have all been carried out on the powder which is very effective at removing toxins.
You can find all the products including, two types of capsules, on our shop page: https://zeonatural.com/collections/all
There are two types of powder, one in a 400 g bag and one in a 200 g jar. The average dose is one level teaspoon (2.5 g) per day so at that rate the 400 g bag lasts for 160 days and the 200 g jar lasts 80 days. Some people only take 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon per day so at those rates the powders would last much longer. To learn how and when to use zeolite, click on the link below. This gives an idea of the dosage you may need to start. https://zeonatural.com/blogs/health-articles/how-and-when-to-take-zeolite-and-zeolite-fulvic-humic-products
If you have any other questions about zeolite please reply to this email or ask in the Chat Box as I may miss your comment on the product page.
How do the drops compare to using the powder. do you need the powder to remove toxins first or is there no difference. I didn’t see where you have the capsules. how much is the powder, how long will it last.