- Heavy metals are found in soil, air, water and plants.
- Plants need a range of heavy metal trace elements for growth.
- Bioaccumulation ensures that the level of heavy metal uptake is optimal for plant growth.
- Plants take up minerals (including heavy metals) through their root systems and when the tree burns these become airborne pollutants.
- Airborne particles are then deposited elsewhere on leaf material, soil and water.
- Forests surrounding cities are even more susceptible to high heavy metal loading because of the air pollution surrounding the city.
- Some trees can accumulate higher levels of heavy metals, the eucalyptus species and acacia species are two of these.
HEAVY METALS CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS
Heavy metal toxicity can be the underlying cause of a wide range of physical and mental health problems including autoimmune diseases, heart disease, fatigue, anxiety, mood swings and depression. Some heavy metals have excretion half-lives that last for decades.
LEAD is absorbed by ingestion and inhalation then stored in the kidneys, bone marrow, liver, brain, bones, teeth and hair.
MERCURY is absorbed through the skin, by inhalation and ingestion then stored in the kidneys, blood, spleen, brain, liver, bones, breast milk, hair and fatty tissues.
CADMIUM is absorbed through inhalation and ingestion then stored in the liver, kidneys, pancreas, blood, the salivary glands and bones.
ALUMINIUM is absorbed through inhalation and ingestion then stored in the lungs, liver, thyroid, bones and brain.
ZEOLITE DETOXIFIES HEAVY METALS
Zeo Natural’s Australian Organic Certified zeolite powder significantly reduces heavy metal levels in the body.
Download our factsheet and cautions when taking zeolite. Includes dosage information.